Wednesday 23 April 2014

Dibble's Alphabetty Spaghetti

I found some Alphabet Spaghetti in Sainsbury's one day for 95p and I could not resist buying them. I am so glad I did, as it went down a real treat with my kids. 
Not only does this dish take 10-15 minutes to make, but it is good for your little ones and you. 
Enjoy cooking

Ingredients:
-1 bag of alphabet pasta 
-1 shallot
-1 pot of double cream
-1 small (or half large) passata 
-1 block of cheese (mature is better)
-1 handful of spinach
-2 large mushrooms
-1 loaf of bread (I have used Hardough bread for mine)



  • Start by putting a pan of water on the boil, and adding 2 handfuls of the pasta to the boiled water to cook for 4-5 minutes.
  • Whilst the pasta cooks chop your shallots and mushrooms into small pieces, and finely chop the spinach. 
  • Strain off the pasta (use something that has small holes, I made that as the pasta is small. pour a tsp of olive oil over the pasta, mix it in and leave to the side. (The olive oil is nothing remotely fancy, it just stops the pasta from sticking together)
  • In the same pan, place a little olive oil and the shallots, then bring to a low heat. After a few minutes,add the passata and veg, then stir on a medium heat for a minute.
  • Add a tbsp of double cream to start and stir in, then add a little more (I estimate 1-2 egg cup size). Add a pinch of mixed herbs if you want and bring back to a low heat. 
  • Grate a small handful of cheese, add to the sauce and stir in well. 
  • Now add the pasta and mix into the sauce. Turn off the heat and put your bread in the toaster. 
  • Once your bread has popped up you can butter it, and then arrange on a plate (you can even grate a little more cheese if you want).
All that is left now is to enjoy. I made mine after work and it took me 15 minutes. My youngest is very fussy and this was one of the few times that she cleared her plate. You cant get better feedback than that. :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment